BANTEC SANITIZER SERVICE
Our service is to provide the most comprehensive hygiene strategy that is safe, environmental, easy to use, and implement while being efﬁcient and cost effective.
The Coronavirus has forever changed the way most of the world looks at cleaning, disinfection, hand cleaning, and social distancing. In the past, cleaning has been the job of few, now it is the responsibility of everyone. The best approach forward is for EVERYONE to understand the rules, how they can contribute and to do their part. Here is part of Bantec’s position to bring everyone together for the greater good.
- Maintain social distancing of 6’ or more.
- Don’t touch your face unless you have just properly washed hands.
- Wash hands often with soap and water often being sure to scrub hands forat least 20 seconds and always after coughing, sneezing, blowing nose, or touching a public surface.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol) when in contact with a touch surface between hand washings and rub hands together covering all surfaces until they feel dry.
- Cover nose and mouth with cloth face cover when you are outside your home and around others.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissue or inside of elbow. Throw used tissues in trash, then wash or clean hands with at least 60% alcohol hand sanitizer.
- Keep all surfaces clean and disinfected. Check this for more details.
Disinfecting and cleaning can no longer be left to only the janitorial staff to protect everyone around the clock. A cleaning person cannot clean and disinfect every surface every time it is touched so we need to rethink this strategy.
Cleaning personnel need to be sure to address touch surfaces ﬁrst, ﬂoors second, and other surfaces third. Surfaces need to be kept free of dirt, body oils, food and soils so that disinfection can occur properly and effectively. You can’t properly disinfect a soiled surface.
The primary change that needs to take place is that everyone needs to do their part and clean/disinfect between cleanings. We need every worker in every building to pledge to do their part to help protect themselves and others by cleaning/disinfecting areas they come in contact with between cleanings throughout the day. Management needs toprovide them with easy to use tools and reminders to carry out the task.
The CleanSmart pandemic kit is an easy way to implement the most effective and easy to use disinfectant product for people that are not trained in cleaning to be able to protect themselves in any remote area of the workplace between cleanings. Areas such as: load docks, cafeterias, conference rooms, cubicles, etc. The kits make it easy for anyone to clean between cleanings to protect themselves and others all day long. The pandemic kit has everything needed: gloves (always use proper protective gear when cleaning or disinfecting), masks, microﬁber cloths (can remove 99% of virus from a surface), mixing device (pumps or other), spray bottles, easy to follow instructions, etc.
CleanSmart Enviro-Pro™ is a very unique patented disinfectant that works very well for many reasons:
- Enviro-Pro™ is an excellent cleaner and disinfectant both. This enables people to clean nearly any surface and disinfect with a single product. Can be used to clean the entire building saving time and money.
- Enviro-Pro™ leaves virtually no residue unlike many disinfectants that rely on leaving a poisonous type residual to kill germs and virus. This also means less resoiling on ALL surfaces. This saves time and money.
- Enviro-Pro™ is made from a patented stabilized hydrogen peroxide so it is safer than using conventional cleanersand disinfectants. This makes it perfect for all people to use, both professional cleaners and everyone else alike.
- Enviro-Pro™ has met the EPA's criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, The novel coronavirus that causes the disease COVID-19. Enviro Pro has a 5 minute kill claim for this. Enviro-Pro™ also meets the EPA criteria for List N emerging viral pathogens.The product EPA Registration number which is listed on the gallons is: 84198-93427-1.
- Many (most?) disinfectants and antimicrobials rely on QAC (Quaternary Ammonium Compounds) which is not recommended (see article link from NYU/Bellvue/Mt Sinai below- “A cleaner with hydrogen peroxide as the maindisinfectant may be considered as equally or more effective disinfectant alternatives to QAC’s. As disinfectants,citric acid and lactic acid are less effective than QAC’s or hydrogen peroxide and are not recommended as directsubstitutes for QAC’s in situations where disinfectants are actually needed.“) Click here for more information.
Promote Awareness with Sanitizer Stations
People need to be reminded of a change many times before it becomes a habit. Everyone knows about the current pandemic, but people still need regular reminders so they don’t forget the new expectations, so they can become good habits. The CleanSmart Sanitizer Stations help to complete this objective. The stations are adaptable to be able to hold hand sanitizer bottles or dispensers based on what’s available and spray bottles of Enviro-Pro™ cleaner disinfectant.
This should be placed throughout a facility where they are visible as a reminder and so people know where they can get sanitizer and return it throughout their day. These stations are bright white which looks clean, hasa dry erase board to write any message easily, or attach a printed message, making them the most versatile stand on the market today.
There are even wall adapters and signage to use with push dispensers unlike other mere sanitizer stands. Put stations in ofﬁce areas, load docks, production areas, cafes, entrances, etc., so people can clean/disinfect the tape gun handle or hand truck, forklift, door handle, etc., in load dock, they can disinfect the chair, counter, tabletop or microwave in café, anywhere and anytime they encounter a potentially unsafe surface.
Gain Extra Efficiency
Buildings need to be maintained at a higher level of cleaning and disinfecting which costs more money. In order to gain efﬁciency we need to use state of art technology to improve the levels of hygiene, more efﬁciently while being environmentally responsible, and safer. Below are some of the ways to accomplish these goals.
Liquid Glass™ micron hard ﬂoor protectors: hard ﬂoors are currently either coated with a plastic/resin based coating such as epoxy, urethane, wax, acrylic, etc., or not coated with anything. Neither of these ways makes sense. No protector usually means ﬂoors are more difﬁcult to clean (more time) and resin coatings can peel, scratch, and require stripping to remove so you can start all over.
None of this is environmental, it’s expensive, adds to inconvenient down time and is unsafe. Floors take the most wear and tear in buildings and are typically the highest cost to maintain. All hard ﬂoors should be coated with a non-resin/plastic ﬂoor coating and protected with LiquidGlass™ which has no smell, dries in 5 minutes, never peels or requires stripping, is fast and easy to refresh when it gets worn, is safer when wet unlike resin coatings and saves labor to maintain.
Maintenance is also simpliﬁed by having one maintenance protocol for all ﬂoors – ceramic, rubber, marble, epoxy, vinyl, or lvt tile, concrete, etc., all get the same easier maintenance so labor can be redirected to disinfection and other areas. ROI investment payback is typically a year +/- .
- Enviro-Pro™ disinfectant cleaner: much of the work involved cleaning buildings is cleaning the residues left behind by glass cleaners, neutral cleaners, disinfectants, carpet cleaners, etc., you can read above why Enviro-Pro™ is a better and safer disinfectant for all people, but by eliminating residues, all surfaces stay cleaner longer meaningless time cleaning residues and soils attracted by residues and more time spent cleaning touch surfaces and other needed areas. It is much easier and faster to teach all people how to use a single product that does it all than many different products for all different surfaces. ROI investment payback is typically a week +/- .
Automation: cleaning people need help. Cleaning and disinfecting is hard, tedious work prone to constant human error and lack of accountability and high turnover rates and lack of sufﬁcient training. Adding more work loads and increased demands while putting them potentially in harm’s way of contacting a deadly virus, makes it all worse.
The technology exists to allow robots to assist cleaning workers do their job: better, safer and faster. Robots can work areas doing repetitive tasks such as vacuuming (workers can potentially be exposed to virus when it becomes airborne), washing ﬂoors, disinfecting surfaces while they concentrate on cleaning touch surfaces and doing tasks that require dexterity that only humans currently possess or where decision making is required.
Delivery robots can deliver food in restaurants, transport tools, and parts in a factory or bring medication to a room in a hospital for example- allowing people to do what they need to while amplifying social distancing required. Robots can work autonomously at nights disinfecting rooms, hallways, lobbies, etc., going up and down elevators and charging themselves while providing data to conﬁrm the cleaning was done and repeat it over and over every night and during the day as instructed eliminating human error. ROI investment payback is typically a year +/-.
Other: there is still more we can do… after implementing everything above, there are UV lights that can be positioned in ceilings or ﬂoors to help provide protection of the air (robots can also do this during the day along with other tasks typically more cost effectively than localized lights/puriﬁers); virtual lines that alert people when it’s time to go into a building, meeting room, restaurant, etc.… promotes social distancing by eliminating waiting rooms.
People are updated continually when they should enter, this also allows you to be productive doing other tasks or relaxing in car, outside or other safe parts of a building. Antimicrobial treatments can allow additional protection on surfaces after they were cleaned and disinfected to create a surface that is hostile to bacteria and virus between cleanings while being safe for humans.
Professional Cleaning and disinfecting and Protection Services
Professionals are important. We can’t do this all on our own. We all need to work together and that includes partnering with professional service companies you can trust to do your daily or periodic services such as:
Professionals can not only do the high touch surfaces but also do detail cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces including: bathrooms, blinds and drapes, furniture, ﬂooring including CleanSmart Liquid Glass™ micron coatings on all hard ﬂoor surfaces.
Professional technicians can be sure that surfaces are properly cleaned, residues removed, tested if need be and sprayed as needed. There are many instances where spraying or fogging can be quite cost effective especially in large areas such as warehouses, production areas, ofﬁces, etc. It is important when spraying or fogging to follow the label directions to achieve proper results.
There are too many cases especially involving fogging where the disinfectant is applied too light to be effective. Keeping ﬂoors clean is also very important to prevent germs or viruses from becoming stirred up to a level where they can be respirable or to contaminate items placed on ﬂoors and then brought home or to other areas of buildings like: shoes, purses, backpacks, umbrellas, the pen that drops, etc. Proper ﬂoor cleaning is best left to experienced professionals that can assess and use the proper tools and materials to be sure your ﬂoors are cleaner and not more contaminated after a service.
Ongoing Protection with an Antimicrobial Agent
Additional protection can be offered using an antimicrobial agent which can add protection to most surfaces against bacteria for up to 90 days. This adds another layer of added protection when all other guidelines are followed as recommended by the CDC. These can be applied in several ways but must be applied properly to be effective and are often performed by professionals. CleanSmart has tested and vetted different antimicrobial agents and can recommend which is best for your application or ask your professional services provider.